Tuesday 17 March 2015

Healthy eating and fitness update!



Hello lovely readers,
As you've seen from previous blog posts I have been really into my fitness and healthy eating recently, this was mainly because how I was feeling within my body and decided it was time to change!
It has been a month and one week since I begun and I can tell you now how much it can change the way you feel it such a short period of time. I feel SO much better, I have also started up the gym again recently which has such an amazing impact on my mood and body generally. 

So firstly I thought I'd show you a couple of snacks which I am absolutely in love with and they are definitely my 'go to's' being really quick and simple to make!


Fruit, natural no fat greek yoghurt, granola. 
This is so simple to throw together and is so amazingly tasty! 
I have here blueberries,strawberries,pineapple and grapes all of which are my favourite fruits to eat. I have never really been into blueberries, I researched which fruits are best for you and a lot of sites said that blueberries are really good for you and now I eat them almost everyday! 
Fruit isn't cheap but if you justify it with what you would've spent the money on aka crisps sweets mcdonalds etc, it's completely worth it. I buy my fruit from aldi or asda which I have realised are the cheapest. Of course I have my green tea in there aswell, try to ignore the choice of mug obviously not mine!


Brown bread, Almond butter, Banana slices.
This has become one of my recent favourites, I recently invested in some almond butter I decided to put it on some brown bread and slice up some banana to go on top and wow. If you didn't know almonds are extremely good for you and it's a perfect replacement for peanut butter which is not as healthy! This kind of snack is also perfect if you're feeling really hungry and just want to eat everything you see because of how filling it is with it being bread AND banana both of which are good for keeping you nice and full. I am currently loving this and definitely recommend it. 


Okay now onto my progress, I took a picture on the first day I started and a recent picture. I honestly didn't think you would be able to see that much of a difference but it's kind of crazy how much I can see change. 


Obviously the picture on the less is the before and the right is now. If you're wondering I'm not trying to lose insane amounts of weight the reason I decided to start the clean eating was to feel better mentally aswell as physically. I have lost some weight but I don't anticipate to lose weight I want to tone up and get some muscle that's where the gym comes in! 
In the gym I will generally do 40 minutes cardio every time I go, that's 20 minutes treadmill and 20 minutes cross trainer. I'll then usually do legs or abs as these are the only things I'm really concentrating on at the moment although I should really do all muscles. We're starting off slow!

I do really want to document my fitness as it'll be good to look back on for myself, however, I also wanted to document it to maybe inspire other people and show people that if you put the time, dedication and determination into it you can see changes! 
It would be great to hear advice/questions/comments on these type of blog posts. Of course not all my blogposts are going to be on my fitness etc.

Thank you for reading
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment